Discover Gresik and Trying Nasi Krawu

Hello!

Welcome back to my blog. The first thing I would like to say is I really sorry and I want to apologize because it has been weeks I have not to share your stories, and I feel awful because I have said to you that I will share with you new things every Wednesday and Saturday. Working as a hotelier should be able to go over unexpected things, and that is the reason why I have not write anything.

Moving on! In today's post, I would like to share with you what I have been through these days; a business trip.

Morning Tea
Gresik, East Java - May 17, 2017

Whenever someone says that working in a hotel is such a fun thing, yes, it is fun. Well, you just have not seen the other side of it. Truth to be told, working in a hotel is quite tiring sometimes. In my own personal point of view, as a hotelier, I have to be a person who will always be able to work in pressure, be able to do a lot of effort in order to make revenue, and also be able to work even you are not at the office. Indeed, it is somehow depressing.

Business Trip Session
Gresik, East Java - May 18, 2017

A few days ago, on 15th to 19th of May 2017, I was appointed by my Director of Sales to do a Sales Call visit to some big companies in East Java. Among a lot of big cities in East Java, Gresik is known for its industrial complex of East Java. This city is also known because it has a lot of cement and fertilizer industries. Gresik is located 260 KM away from my current home, Yogyakarta. The city situation is actually quite the same with my hometown, Cikarang, since it has a lot of industrial complexes, the same hot weather, and also located next to the capital city.

I spent three days and two nights at Gresik. From what I have experienced during the stay, the city is really good; people are friendly, the facilities are well preserved, and so on. Gresik has a very very fast development. I visited one of news agencies, and they said that soon Gresik will have the very first and the biggest shopping center which also equipped with a four-star hotel, an apartment, and also a huge water park right few kilos away from the Gresik - Surabaya high way.

City View
Gresik, East Java - May 18, 2017

During my stay, I also explore some places near the Hotel. Ah, I forgot to mention, I stayed at Pesonna Hotel Gresik which also the very first-star hotel in town. It has a 15-floor level, and I stayed on the highest floor which allowed me to see the very captivating city lights at night. The hotel is located by the end of the Veteran street if I am not mistaken. It is only 2,5 kilos away to the harbor and 1 kilo away to Alun-Alun Gresik --Square/Plaza-- which have a lot of culinary and souvenir shops.


Harbor Activity
Pelabuhan Rakyat, Gresik, East Java - May 17, 2017

Ready to Sail
Pelabuhan Rakyat, Gresik, East Java - May 17, 2017

Sail on!
Pelabuhan Rakyat, Gresik, East Java - May 17, 2017

I always visited the harbor by the afternoon or the evening. I have never been so close to the harbor all my life. I mean, I can reach it only by walking for a few minutes. It only costs Rp. 3,000,-/person for an entrance to the harbor area. The harbor is being used for shipping and also for public transportation to some islands. I do really like the view of the evening, it is quiet and also a lot of beautiful lights. Unfortunately, my phone is not working really good at capturing low light photography, so I will only share with you the pictures that I took in the afternoon.

Nasi Krawu
Gresik, East Java - May 18, 2017

While you are visiting a Gresik, just do not forget to taste Nasi Krawu. It is Gresik's iconic culinary menu that you can find almost in every single corner of the city. Nasi Krawu is steamed rice that is served with shredded cooked meat, sauce, and also serundeng. Serundeng is a seasoned grated coconut that is fried or sauteed until it color changed into yellowish. The price of this menu is varied, and I think it is like around Rp. 20,000,-/portion.

All in all, Gresik is such a nice city. The situation in the city really looks the same as my hometown since Gresik is also located a few kilos away from the East Java capital city. Its temperature also feels the same as the very warm and sometimes hot due to its humidity. I really like this city; its atmosphere, its fast development, its people, and also its culinary. I have checked on Instagram that it is actually a lot of interesting places to visit in this district such as Giri Hills, Kota Tua, and also Bawean Island. One day, I will come again to explore more.

Comments

Followers