Sunset at Parangtritis Beach, Yogyakarta

Hello,

How are you? I am doing great now and I hope you are doing great also. In this post, I will share with you one of my favorite places to visit at Yogyakarta.

I have been living in Yogyakarta for about four years. Locals here are really kind. They make me feel like home because of it. Yeah, you just have to admit that Yogyakarta is a nice city. I am not only talking about the kind people who make me feel like home, but also about the places. It is also one of many reasons why I love to live in this city. OK, I am going to share with you one of my favorite spots in Yogyakarta, Parangtritis beach. You might have known about this place because it is one of the most famous places to explore in this city.

Parangtritis
Parangtritis, Yogyakarta - January 11, 2017

Parangtritis beach is a place that you have to visit in Yogyakarta. This beach in Bantul district is the most popular one among those beautiful beaches in Yogyakarta. It is located only around 30KM away to the south from Tugu Pal Putih Yogyakarta (Google Maps). 

Parangtritis beach offers you a wonderful beach scenery, especially when the sky is clear by the afternoon so you can see a peaceful sunset view. The first time I came to this beach is when I was in my second year of college, and it was just a few years ago. To be honest, I sometimes go to this beach by myself only to hear the sound of the tide and also to see the calming sunset view while sitting and listening to music. I never forget to bring my pocket camera and then I secretly snap some moments of many strangers, haha.

What I like the most about this beach, even though it is the most crowded ones, is the sound of the beach and the magnificent sunset sky (if you are lucky enough). I really love the sunset view at this beach, even though it is not straightly headed to the west, but the sunset is just as beautiful as another sunset view at the beach. Yeah, it is just beautiful.

The entrance ticket to get to Parangtritis is really affordable. It is around Rp.5000 to Rp.10.000. All in all, you can explore this place with only about Rp.20.000 in your pocket. If you are planning to stay for a night, there are so many homestays which offer various room rate and different types of room. There is also a beautiful resort by the beach which will not cost you an arm and a leg only for a one night stay. By the beach, you can choose a lot of things-to-do options such as riding horses, riding ATV, sitting under the beach umbrella, or just walking by yourself along the beach.

I do really like this beach. I usually spend the time here only by a walk along the beach, haha. Hey, you are not only can walk along the beach just like what I usually do by myself, you can explore more than that. By the east of the beach, there is a cliff or hill where you can see the sunset clearer from the top of it. Locals named the spot as "Bukit Parangendog". You can see the coastal line of the south beaches of Yogyakarta province from that place as well. There is also a sand dune named "Gumuk Pasir". You can also feel the different experience of sandboarding at Gumuk Pasir as well. It is also one of the best places to take pictures because of its view. Another thing that you can explore around this beach is a small flight runway called "Landasan Pacu Parangkusumo". That place is a good spot to take pictures even when it is still being used to do an aeromodelling show which now is not really often.

In short, this beach is worth visiting, IF you have not traveled to Yogyakarta before. Not only because it is one of Yogyakarta's most iconic places, but also because of the warm and different atmosphere that you will feel once you come. Why? I do not know, maybe it is because it is Parangtritis. Why do not you try to visit it by yourself?

Comments

Followers