Lunar New Year Sudden Photo Taking Project


Hi guys, welcome back to my blog!

I am so sorry that I cannot write you stories since October because I have been so busy with my work and projects. I got no time to write you something, and I feel bad about that because I already plan it but still got no chance to do so. I hope that I can manage my time better in the future.

It's February 2018, and you may celebrate a new year party yesterday, but it doesn't mean that celebration is just stopped right there. Yup, Lunar New Year is just a few days away. I hope that you already feel the festivity just like me.

Celebrating Lunar New Year, I just had a sudden project yesterday at the office. Well, it's actually not a sudden project since I already planned it long ago, but I still got no time to do (still, I am not really good at managing my time lately). The project was photo taking for the latest promotion at the hotel where I work.


Some of you already know that I am working as Public Relations at Hotel, so it means that I have to do a campaign for the media to get an impression. Getting people's impressions or attention means that you have to create something interesting, something beyond people's minds or people's points of view. To do so, PR has to think beyond, which means that it has to be creative.

Yesterday, I was going to send a press release of the latest promotion to all of the media partners whom I know. I was finished with the press release, and I just have to click 'send'. As usual, before I send it I re-check it first and then something comes to my mind when I see the image that I send to the media. I only have one image on the attachment which is the e-banner of the promotion itself. 

At that moment, I tried to put myself as the reader. "What would I think if I were the reader, not the content creator". The only thing that comes to my mind is 'boring'. Yup, I do think that the readers would feel bored if I use the picture since it only contains the details of the promotions, and it is just like any other e-banner. Then, I decided to take the initiative to create something that will allure people to read the stories, so I decided to take some pictures for the promotions.

I have no camera, that kind of professional camera like DSLR, Mirrorless or something like that, but I have my iPhone to take the photograph. I went to the Restaurant to find some kind of props that I could use for the photograph. The kitchen team also got no preparation for that too, so I went inside the kitchen and compelling the Chef de Partie to give me some dim sum. While he was preparing the dim sum, I was busy preparing the props such as plate, bamboo basket, and so on.

I spent more than one hour to prepare and set the photo taking area. I used artificial flowers and mini Chinese umbrella that I found around the buffet corner, I used a soft pink colored artificial flowers and angpao that I found at the office. Besides the limited props and photography kit that I had, I also took the picture at lunchtime so there are a lot of people and it resulted in I have re-take many times because some people were in my frame.

After skipped my lunch, here are the pictures that I successfully could get using my iPhone5S:



I really like the tone of the picture. The pink just soften the whole red props in the frame. The gold props, I don't know its name, is just make thing looks elegant and exclusive. I also really like the bamboo basket steamer that gives a bit of a traditional look. I am so happy that I could do the photography session even with very limited time, props and kit!

Some of my friends don't believe that I only use my iPhone to take those pictures. Yeah, I also don't believe that. I can't believe that! I think I should really need to put my passion to the next level. I am planning to buy a camera for my own personal use very soon, and I think it would be a great investment for me. 

That's all of the story! Please leave the comment below about what do you think about that amateur photography using iPhone5S only, you can also share it (I really appreciate it if you do so). Thank you so much for reading it, have a nice day friends!



Comments

Followers