Exploring Sekumpul Waterfall in Bali: Tips and How To Get There

Welcome back to my blog!

I hope you are doing well and please stay at home in the meantime, ya! It's been a while I have not posted anything in my blog, a year to be specific, so I hope you are as excited as me to share stories about traveling.

Sekumpul Waterfall, Bali

Here I would like to share about one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Bali, Sekumpul Waterfall, located on the north side of the island at Singaraja. Even though the location is quite far from the city, you won't regret the view. It maybe will be one of your most memorable travel experiences on the island!

Sekumpul Waterfall, Bali

Located 85 KM away from the Ngurah Rai International Airport, this waterfall is one of the farthest destinations I ever visited in Bali. I have visited Nungnung Waterfall, Tibumana, and Tamansari Waterfall, but for this one, I would like to say it has the most difficult tracks and roads. But you have to remember, a difficult road leads to a beautiful place, right?

 

Considering the distance, I highly recommend you to not ride a motorbike as I did. There are a lot of steep roads, sharp turns here and there, and also there is only a few rest area on your way there. Even it's pretty hard to get there, you can rely on Google Maps. Here are some points that you have to thru; Pura Ulun Danu Beratan, Pura Ulun Danu Buyan, and then there will be a turn right to the smaller road to get to this waterfall. 

Note: it took 20 KM from Ulun Danu Buyan to Sekumpul Waterfall, and the roads will be more difficult.

Trekking Sekumpul Waterfall, Bali

Before going to the waterfall, you have to walk on a steep track for around 10 - 20 minutes depends on the gate you in or where you park your vehicle. If you go there by car it takes you around 20 minutes walk. The ticket entrance cost is varied from only IDR 20,000 for locals or views only, domestic traveler around IDR 125,000 inclusive with a guide, and around IDR 300,000+ for all trekking experience.

Pro tip: if you go there riding a motorbike, you can go to the closest gate to the waterfall. It may take you to a super small ally, but you only need to walk around 5 - 10  minutes tracking to the closest waterfall.

I arrived at Sekumpul around 3 PM and I did not know that there are 2 other waterfalls in the area. I won't make it to explore all of it as this place closes at 5 PM. I suggest you visit in the morning, so you can explore 3 waterfalls at once. I only made it to explore two waterfalls; Sekumpul and Hidden waterfall (The other one called Fiji, located a bit far).

Sekumpul Waterfall, Bali Trekking Stairs

Before start exploring the waterfall, it will be better for you to prepare some snacks and start wearing shoes or trekking sandals. There are a lot of stones and wet dirt, also it will be better to wear shorts to make it easier for you to track. Do not bring a heavy backpack as you have to take stairs. Also, bring your own trash bag, you won't find one down there.

Here are some beautiful images that I took around the waterfall:

Trekking at Sekumpul Waterfall, Bali

Hidden Waterfall at Sekumpul, Bali

Sekumpul Waterfall, Bali
Sekumpul Waterfall, Bali

There is a unique fact about this beautiful waterfall. There are two water flows that fall from the cliff, one is from the river and the other ones come from water springs. During the rainy season, the water from the river turned into light brown as sometimes it flows with dirt while the other one is just as clear as usual. Sekumpul waterfall is also one of the tallest waterfalls on the island, and it is worth seeing after long trekking.

Sekumpul Waterfall, Bali

I finished my trip to Sekumpul Waterfall around 4.30 PM or 5 PM. I did the whole trip all by myself and I feel so tired because of the trekking and also have to ride back home alone, LOL. I think it will be better if you are not coming alone, so you can take a turn to ride or drive on your way back home. On your way back home, you can also stop by some beautiful places nearby like Pura Ulun Danu Beratan, Bali Botanical Garden, or some local restaurant nearby. Sure I will come back to revisit this beautiful hidden gems again one day. 

Thank you for reading! Comment if you also have some tips, share if you like the post, and stay tuned for more stories ya! Have a great day! :) 

Comments

Followers